For videos and audio presentations from the Assembly, interview clips and more, check out our blog:
Online registration is now closed. Registration will continue tomorrow, Saturday, June 19, 3pm-9pm at the Furniture Factory, 4126 Third St., Detroit.
- FINAL SCHEDULE!
- NEWS: OPEN LETTER FROM THE 2010 ASSEMBLY
- NEED A RIDESHARE?
- UPDATE ON HOUSING OPTIONS- STAY THROUGH THE SOCIAL FORUM!
- Haven’t paid your registration fee yet? Click HERE to Pay!
- Endorse or Sponsor the Assembly!
- Propose a session!
- Spread the Word! Save the Date flyer available for download
JOIN US FOR AN HISTORIC EVENT!
THE FIRST NATIONAL JEWISH ANTI-ZIONIST GATHERING
PRIOR TO THE 2010 UNITED STATES SOCIAL FORUM
JUNE 19-22, 2010: DETROIT
The 2010 US Social Forum comes at a time when there is great urgency to build on recent successes of the Palestine solidarity movement, as United States corporations and the government continue to commit grave injustices in Palestine- not to mention in our own communities. Organized anti-Zionist Jews in the United States can play a critical role in movements with anti-racism and anti-imperialism at the center, and building stronger international solidarity.
Come together with other anti-Zionist Jewish activists committed to challenging racism, colonialism and imperialism- first and foremost by contributing to efforts to overcome Zionism and decolonize Palestine.
- Build a shared direction and shared strategies for anti-Zionist Jewish organizing in the US, and build relationships across locations for our organizing efforts
- Advance the Palestinian call for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions, including: campaigns against the Jewish National Fund; citywide to statewide divestment and boycott campaigns; labor divestment from Israeli bonds and the Histadrut, Israel’s founding labor Zionist organization
- Develop anti-Zionist Jewish political perspectives and analysis, art, culture, and spiritual practice against Zionism’s attempt to erase or co-opt our multiple social, cultural and political histories
We welcome all who are interested in supporting the organizing of anti-Zionist Jews as part of the broader Palestine solidarity movement and anti-racist, anti-imperialist organizing in the United States. However, the Assembly is oriented toward Jews confronting Zionism.
This event is being organized by the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network and the Middle East Children’s Alliance
More information regarding economic, physical and language accessibility, childcare, and more is forthcoming; if you have questions, please contact us at 2010Assembly@JewsConfrontApartheid.org
Our Facebook page is currently down for some reason. Apologies if you’re looking for updates on the Assembly. Please check out our other blog: www.JewsConfrontApartheid.blogspot.com, and the News and Media section of this website.